Each 9 Weeks the elementary school has an awards program. I don't always go to these but Benjamin said it was important to him and I'm so glad I went.
Sam got the Super Citizen award for his class. He was really excited to tell Drew about it after work. "Dad, I got the super citizen award! Dad, what's a citizen?" So funny. Sam was the first name called of the entire program so he had no idea what he was supposed to do. He went up and took the paper and then sat back down. His teacher beckoned him back up to stand with the other students in Kindergarten that got different awards. He went back up but stood in front of his classmates, facing them instead of the parents. By the time they got him lined up with the rest, we were done clapping and he had to go sit down. It was adorable and I was so tickled by him.
Honor Roll...nothing new there. Proud of you, Boo.Isa got the hard working award for her class. I was so proud of her and maybe a little teary. She does have to work so hard to focus and it is really sweet that her teacher notices her effort to do well.
Also, Drew and I got extraordinary parent awards along with 141 other parents. This totally made me laugh out loud. I have no idea how we achieved this since I don't volunteer yet. And I told Drew it was ridiculous that he got one since he hasn't stepped foot in the school since Back to School night. He opened his mouth to defend himself and then nodded his head in agreement. Ha. It honestly bothered me that they read off parents' names. First, because it was brutally boring for the kids and adults. And second, because I hate for kids to feel bad if their parents' names weren't called. Very strange award. Drew said he is totally putting that on his CV.
1 comment:
Of course your kids got awards! They are awesome. And you guys are definitely extraordinary parents. The teachers have noticed that there is good stuff going on behind the scenes in your home!
Your retelling of the even made me laugh today!
Post a Comment